Perhaps my favorite reason for being a January (5th!) baby is how it conveniently aligns with the calendar new year. I get to ring in the new year and turn one year older, and it always feels like a double fresh start.
I’ve never been one to create new year’s resolutions, simply because I don’t believe that one should have to wait for the beginning of the new year to start working towards their goals and ambitions. If you want something, take action now.
My biggest fear is to find myself in a state of inertia. Stagnation is deterioration. I wish to constantly grow and learn and live with intention. As I embark on my 25th year of life, I promise to choose to spend everyday from this day forward braver, wiser, and kinder. All of which I firmly believe I can achieve through travel and exploration.
For 2016, I plan to take 12 trips: one trip per month, near or far, international or domestic. With each trip, I will constantly remind myself to be:
Braver – To never be afraid to say yes. To stop making excuses as to why I can’t or shouldn’t (insert goal/activity). To always jump in with both feet.
Wiser – To accept that “someday” is a dangerous concept, that it never comes because it’s never not now. To realize that time is the most valuable currency. To know that it’s never too late to give myself everything I’ve ever wanted.
Kinder – To humble myself. To connect with the hardest-working humans. To feel uncomfortably vulnerable interacting with individuals who have not been granted the blessings I’ve had but continue to make the most of their limited resources, day in and day out, to provide the best life for themselves and their families.
2016 #Take12Trips Adventures
- January: Solo trip to Japan (Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto, Nara)!
- February: Road trip to Arizona (Grand Canyon, Horseshoe Bend, Lower Antelope Canyon)
- March: Laguna Beach, CA
- April: Attend Coachella (Weekend 2) and explore Indio
- May: Participate in the Temecula Valley Hot Air Balloon and Wine Festival
- June: Solo trip to Peru (Lima, Cuzco, Machu Picchu)
- July: Explore Zion National Park (Angel’s Landing, The Narrows, Kolob Canyons)
- August: Balboa Island, CA
- September: Solo road trip to Big Sur and Monterey and maybe drive up to Point Reyes National Seashore
- October: Joshua Tree National Park
- November: Montreal, Canada
- December/January 2017: Visit the Philippines after 10 years abroad and get acquainted with my motherland (Manila, Cebu, Palawan, Bohol, Davao, Batanes)
Thank you for reading! Let the adventures begin!