Growing up in a Filipino household meant that rice is king. It’s not unheard of for us to consume it three times a week. It’s still very hard for me to stay away from it, especially during family parties, but having lived on my own for the past three years has helped a lot with cutting back on my daily intake.
Don’t get me wrong, I still crave it every once in a while, but I’ve learned to substitute healthier options that satisfy the yearning without sacrificing taste.
- 1 head of cauliflower, grated
- 1 medium onion
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 medium tomato
- 2-3 tbs of Trader Joe’s Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1 cup of cooked edamame (optional)
- 1/2 cup of shredded carrots (optional)
- 2 large eggs, scrambled
- Mince garlic; dice tomatoes and onions in small cubes
- Cut cauliflower in large florets. Using a grater or food processor, shred or pulse raw cauliflower florets.
- Sauté minced garlic, tomatoes and onions in medium heat for 5 minutes or until onions start to sweat
- Add grated cauliflower, cook for another 5-10 minutes until cauliflower is cooked and tender.
- Drizzle 2-3 tbs of Trader Joe’s Toasted Sesame Oil; mix thoroughly until all contents are coated.
- Pour the scrambled eggs.
- Turn off heat, toss in edamame and shredded carrots.
Thanks for reading!